Delegation is one of the most important and essential skills in management. If perfectly put in place, delegation is a “Win -Win” for you as a manager, your subordinates and the organization. Effective delegation and follow-up gives management time to pursuit higher leverage tasks and prioritize higher organizational goals. It also helps develops employees, grooms successors and retain subordinates. Successful delegation and empowerment also provides the organization with another level of backup in terms of skills, knowledge and experienced sets of people. This is extremely important for strategic succession planning.
On the other hand, Poor delegation and follow-up causes frustrations, de-motivates and confuses the both supervisors and subordinate, and often fails to achieve the tasks or purposes. Effective delegation and follow-up skills can also make a significant difference to the motivation of the individual and productivity of the team.
It is recognized that the best managers are the ones who can delegate. The modern manager, with ever increasing workloads and responsibilities must use the delegation of responsibility to encourage career growth amongst his/her staff.
Our programme enables participants to understand the techniques and strategies that will allow them to use Delegation as a tool to achieve greater personal productivity; to hit organizational deadlines; increase motivation and decrease stress levels.
- Explain the importance of effective delegation & follow-up to today’s Managers and employees
- Describe the many benefits of effective delegation and its barriers.
- Identify the role, value and meaning of effective delegation & follow-up
- Employ the correct process and key principles in delegation and follow-up
- Plan out and use the proper key actions for effective delegation
- Use follow-up strategies of delegation & redirect subordinates’ efforts to improve through giving constructive feedbacks
- Practice mock-up delegation & follow-up role-plays with other participants
All Managers, Department Heads, Project Team Leaders, Supervisors whose job involves, supervising others or teams for results and to sustain peaked performance.
Definition of delegation.
What is and what is not effective delegation?
Delegate & follow-up
Leadership Role in Delegation & Follow-Up
Key principles in delegation & follow-up
Effective Delegation Process.
- Duration : 2 day
- Max Students : 1000
- Enrolled : 0
- Re-take Course : 0
- Assessments : Self