Marketing is an approach to business that places the consumer as the centre of all business activities and focuses on satisfying customer needs and wants. In today`s business world, marketing is viewed as essential to creating and delivering value both to the organization and to the customer. While used equally by profit and not-for-profit organizations to meet the demands of the marketplace, marketing has a dominant impact in all aspects of a business. Many companies acknowledge that their growth and survival depend on putting the customer at the core of their planning; thus, an understanding of marketing is essential for any employer and staff member who need to better understand how to market their business and build healthier customer relationships.
The purpose of this training course is to allow non-marketers to become familiar with the basics of marketing to help them incorporate this all-important aspect in their daily decisions. This course also sets out to improve relations between the marketing department and all other departments in the company. Good knowledge of marketing promotes better mutual understanding, improved communication and, as a result, a more fruitful exchange.
Deliverables: At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Align marketing strategies to organizational goals and priorities
- Audit internal and external environmental forces
- Undertake research and identify the market, competitors, and potential customers
- Establish and maintain the company’s market position
- Construct a brand profile
- Efficient methods for promoting the brand, product or service
- Individuals in managing roles with responsibility for revenue targets
- Anyone in a marketing role who has adequate experience but no relevant or formal qualification
- Team leaders responsible for sales targets